NSW Government small business response
30 Jun 2021
Small businesses are the backbone of our regional communities.
Having grown up in a small business family, I know and understand how important the right package of supports is going to be to help small business get through the restrictions imposed during the current COVID outbreak in NSW.
As you would be aware, I have been in discussions with the NSW Government about appropriate packages of supports. I formally wrote to the NSW Treasurer making a range of recommendations and I’m pleased that almost all were adopted.
Read a copy of my letter to the NSW Treasurer here
This package announced by the NSW Government includes:
- Small Business Support Grant for businesses and sole traders employing less than 20 FTE, depending on turnover decline - $10,000 for 70% decline, $7,000 for 50% decline, and $5,000 for 30% decline;
- Dine & Discover vouchers extended to 31 August, and can now be used for takeaway - including where food is directly delivered to your home from the venue;
- Hospitality and Tourism Support Grant, available to tourism or hospitality businesses that have a turnover of more than $75,000 and an Australian wages bill of below $10 million, depending on turnover decline - $10,000 for 70% decline, $7,000 for 50% decline, and $5,000 for 30% decline;
- More than $11 million for increased support for people at risk of homelessness;
- Optional deferral of payroll tax payments due in July 2021.
I would encourage impacted business to contact Service NSW to gain access to these supports.
I thank the Treasurer and the NSW Government for its strong and swift response.