Member for Kiama Gareth Ward MP has today announced that Jamberoo Action Park has been successful in securing an increased capacity for the Park prior to the opening of their 40th Season tomorrow Saturday 26th September.
Previously limited to a capacity of 500, their 40th Season was beginning to look uncertain, however the great news was received on Wednesday afternoon that their capacity had been increased tenfold based on their COVID Safe Plan and unique environment which provides 10 acres of guest accessible space as well as chlorinated water which acts as an ongoing sanitising agent.
Local Member for Kiama Gareth Ward MP was instrumental in helping secure the increased capacity and said that Jamberoo Action Park plays an important role in our local economy.
“Jamberoo Action Park is iconic. It brings thousands of tourists to our region each year and is a major driver of the local economy,” Mr Ward said.
“I’m acutely aware of the hundreds of people that Jamberoo employs, particularly the large number of young people. I’m so pleased that the Health Minister responded positively to my request and that in its 40th season, everyone will have the chance to control the action at Jamberoo,” Mr Ward concluded.
“We are extremely thankful to Gareth who delivered when the future of our Business was on the line. On the back of the summer bushfires and now COVID-19, this has been one of the hardest years in our 40 year history, and restrictions of 500 patrons would have ultimately seen us close” said Mr Jim Eddy, Managing Director and Owner of Jamberoo Action Park.
“We can’t wait to celebrate of 40th Season with everyone and look forward to announcing more details of the planned celebrations during the course of the Season. We are extremely confident in our COVIDSafe Plan which has received positive feedback from both NSW Health and SafeWork NSW. This will be available on our website to give guests confidence in the additional safety and hygiene measures we have put in place,” Mr Eddy concluded.